Main Highlights of the Week: July 4-10
Foto — pixabay.com
The world’s first full-scale cyber war is underway, but it is by no means the last. On the contrary: all subsequent conflicts will have a powerful cyber component. Cyber security will be as important to survival as a strong military. Limiting russia’s access to modern technologies should be considered one of the priorities of international security. 
According to the State Service of Special Communication, with On February 24, there were 825 attacks on websites in Ukraine. The intensity of attacks remains high throughout the war — for example, 548 attempts to hack resources were made in the II quarter. 
The State Service of Special Communication notes that attackers do not use hacking methods that are difficult to trace. And about 60-70% of attempted interventions were simple phishing mailings.
NATO and the G7 countries are helping Ukraine repel hacker attacks. In the future, Ukraine plans to strengthen integration processes with the United Center for Advanced Cyber Defense Technologies of the North Atlantic Alliance, exchanging experience and jointly training specialists.
The Government of Ukraine provided UAH 1.2 billion for software updates and other measures to create a safe cyberspace.
In June 2022, the SBU warned and neutralized more than 140 cyber incidents and cyber attacks. 
Strengthening of Cyber Security of Ukraine
- At this year’s Madrid Summit, the Alliance updated the Comprehensive Assistance Package for Ukraine. In the field of cyber security, NATO will pay attention to building Ukraine’s capabilities, providing the necessary equipment and training personnel, as a result of which Ukraine should acquire the ability to protect its infrastructure from the most modern cyber attacks. 
russia’s Position in Cyberspace
- The Ministry of Digital Affairs of russia is discussing with IT companies the separation of cyber security into a separate branch, since information security, being a part of the IT industry, enables specialized enterprises to take advantage of the benefits provided for the industry. 
Cyber attacks on Ukraine
Spreading Fakes/Replacing information:
- hacking of the exchange board in Rivne; 
- a neutralized network of russian Internet agents consisting of 5 people who “dispersed” destructive posts through social networks. 
- the official web portal of the State Archive Service of Ukraine has been temporarily suspended. 
- cyberattack UAC-0056 on state organizations of Ukraine using Cobalt Strike Beacon (sending letters with the subject «Specialized prosecutor’s office in the military and defense sphere. Information on the availability of vacancies and their staffing»). 
- the russian hacker group RaHDIt made publicly available data on thousands of employees of the Main Directorate of Intelligence of the Military Department of Ukraine. 
Cyber attacks on russia
More than 800 russian online resources were attacked by the IT army of Ukraine in the period from June 27 to July 10. :
- Congratulations on the Constitution Day of Ukraine are posted on the websites of state structures and state bodies of the russian federation.
- roscosmos website
- CRM system
- russian mass media
- Dozens of tender sites were paralyzed, including the largest – roseltorg (confidential data of almost 500,000 users was lost)
- Websites of most russian cinemas
The russian website of the IKEA company was hacked. 
- Anonymous hackers reported the defacement of russian sites http://crmsdo.ru/, https://www.nichibo-motor.ru/, https://dennisya.ru/, http://www.risus-clinic.ru. 
- The website of the singer Gradsky became a mouthpiece of the truth about the war in Ukraine (on the main page you can see real losses of russian soldiers, calls to surrender and pro-Ukrainian clips). 
- belarusian cyber partisans made public the personal data of the Wagnerites.